Will Drach is a well balanced software engineer knowledgeable about many web-based technologies. He is experienced in continuous integration practices and putting code into production at a large scale for both internal products and paying clients. He's known for his reliability, consistent code quality, and problem solving abilities.
Summer 2017 - PRESENT
Associate Software Engineer
- Helped architect a no-code platform for ERP applications, with a focus on query management and automated documentation.
- Maintained ownership of multiple UI components.
- Built a simple UI for an end user to produce complex data queries.
- Contributed to many component reworks to improve maintainability and modularization for complex pieces of code.
- Solved large scale RxJS problems with a focus on parallelism and performance.
- Lead development of an automated documentation engine.
- Consistently pushed for improving the maintainability, performance, and test completeness of the code base.
- Designed a blockchain transaction platform for performing decentralized transactions across customer, server, and database boundaries.
Fall 2015 - Spring 2017
Full stack developer
- Worked as a backend developer for a Node/Express 4 based API.
- Worked as a feature developer for a Node, RethinkDB, Express 4, and Angular based web application.
- Built a dynamic image resizing service using Node, Redis, and Restify.
- Built an API using AWS Lambda and API Gateway to perform a reformat on a database entry.
- Built multiple API and front-end unit testing frameworks, including building an open source NPM library (swaggest-test) to assist this.
University of Colorado at Boulder
Summer 2014 - fall 2015
- Performed basic administration tasks such as account creation, certification renewal, and server setup.
- Internal work including managing user accounts and creating template virtual machines.
- Client work ranging from permissions problems to hardware failure.
- Python programming including multiple production scripts.
Systems Administratration Intern
- Built (software only) and configured multiple basic Ubuntu Linux systems.
- Setup Nagios based server-side monitoring.
- Participated in VictorOps’ (Nagios API based on-call monitoring) early alpha.
Quality Analysis Intern
- Found issues on an HTML5 based website before it launched.
- Used various tools (Firebug, Wireshark) to ensure the website was secure and working properly.
Precision Steel Tech
2011 - 2013
- Worked with a small team to produce steel pieces for metal roofing
- Learned a lot about shop safety
- Learned how to accurately shape steel using basic shop instruments (drill press, rubber mallet, tin snips) in order to produce pieces with low error tolerances.
Online Commerce Networks
2010 - 2012
- Built a site for selling unique cufflink designs. The site was built on Prostores using Shipwire integration to handle logistics.
- Communicated with Chinese manufacturers in order to bulk order a product.
University of Colorado at Boulder
2013 - 2017
Electrical and Computer Engineering Major
Computer Science Minor
Digital Signal Processing (DSP) Track
Engineering, Science, & Society Certificate
Major GPA: 3.61 Total GPA: 3.55
ThunderRidge High School
GPA: 3.6 7 AP classes, 2 concurrent enrollment classes
2016 - 2018
- Built an application in Angular.JS and Node to quickly view financial information fetched from CSV exports on an S3 instance.
- Further iterations included modifiable formulas and graphing utilities, as well as cryptocurrency integrations.
Game of lamp
2013 & 2017
- Built an 8x8 Neopixel & Arduino version of Game of Life
- Used as a test of my embedded systems expertise
- Built a MIPS processor simulator in C for a school project.
- Included a dynamic cache with different options for performance that could then be benchmarked.
- Built a heart rate monitoring wristband with long-distance wireless charging.
- Worked as one of the 2 main developers on an Angular.JS/NodeJS application.
- Built out the backend, security, and facilitated migration off of Firebase.
- Built a music processing engine with multiple models for classifying songs into different genres.
- Built a recursive neural network that would create sounds from input tracks.
- First iteration was in C++, second iteration was in Python.
- Built a specification driven testing framework that generates Mocha tests based off of a Swagger API specification file.
- Built a NodeJS based dynamic image resizing API.
- Utilized the RESTful API model and Redis caching to make it fast and easy to use.
- Built a REST API server with Flask that would pull a JSON object from Firebase, parse it into a more human readable and iterable format, and then push the new JSON object to S3.
- Built a 2 wheeled robot from scratch, including closed loop speed control, basic wireless steering, and Arduino driven movement commands.
- Constructed a final project that consisted of using a Raspberry Pi to drive the robot using inputs from Twitter.
- Built a CLI for ServiceNow using Python and Requests.
- Utilized modular design and objects to maximize usability and efficiency.
- Focused on making it easy to use and easy to configure.
- Group project to build an Arduino tilt-based music synthesizer.
- Utilized I2C communication to pull input from an accelerometer and generate tones.
- Built a Python based random password generator that uses dictionary words instead of random strings.
- Built a ANSI color module in Python for use in command line based scripts.
- Rebuilt an old Perl script used to alert users about disk usage on systems without quotas.
- Heavily optimized the script using Linux commands and built-in Python constructs.
- Built a configurable interface with a simple configuration file.
- Designed and built a clock from scratch for CU EE’s freshman design course.
- Done using a 555 1Hz oscillator, a self-built power supply, counters, and logic gates.
Senior Project: Thunderridge Highschool
- Learned about basic penetration testing and website manipulation.
- Tested findings on a local small business’ production site.
- Advanced Humanities
- Calculus 1, 2, & 3
- Circuits 1 & 2
- Data Structures
- Differential Equations
- Digital Design Lab
- Digital Logic
- Discrete Math
- Engineering Economics
- History of Technology
- Linear Systems
- Operating systems
- Programming Digital Systems
- Project Management
- Music Curation
- Open source programming
- NPM and PIP Libraries
- Church leadership
- Technical writing
- HackCU Local Hack Day (October 2016)
- HackCU 2016 (April 2016)
- HackCU Local Hack Day (October 2015)
- PicoCTF (May 2013)
- Defcon CTF Qualifiers (May 2013)
- VP of CU League of Legends Club: 2013-2015
- Competitive Indoor Drumline: 2010-2013
- Orange Belt in Judo: 2008-2012
- 1 Debate Letter : 2009
- 4 Band Letters : 2009 - 2012
- 2 AP Scholar Awards: 2012 / 2013
- Multi-Percussion Award: 2012
- 4 Semesters Honor Roll (3.5 GPA +) : 2010 - 2012
- 2 Semesters Principal’s Honor Roll (4.0 GPA +): 2012 - 2013
- Graduate: Youth Leadership Douglas County: 2013
- 3 Semesters Dean's List (3.75 GPA+)